A WELCOME NOTE:

Greetings, and a very warm welcome to you. Thank you for taking some time to share in my philosophical foibles. It's my hope that within these entries you might find encouragement, challenge, laughter, counsel and companionship for the journey ahead. Carpe Diem!

Check out www.grantcyster.com for more details. Catch me on Twitter at: GACyster

Saturday 24 February 2007

IN THIS MOMENT...

Dear heavenly Father,

It's true to say that I spend most of my life with my eyes blinded, and my mind oblivious to the goodness and kindness you pour out over me. How quickly and easily I allow myself to be distracted. How fickle so often is my devotion to you. I cannot begin to number how often my choices must have grieved your heart. All those times when you would spread out a banquet before me, and I chose instead to grovel in a pig-pen. All those times your outstretched arms awaited my embrace, when I clung to harlots instead. So many times my judgment has been clouded, distorted and tainted.

Yet this moment...even if only for a moment, and even if only so dimly, I recognize You. I acknowledge You. I confess that no-one has ever loved me like You. Through fire, storm, joy and calm, it's Your love alone that has been constant. When I have been faithless, Your love has remained faithful. You have believed in me, cheered for me, dreamed with me...You alone have been my solid rock. You are my unshakable fortress. You are the foundation on which my feet stand firm. You have run out to me, called me your own, canceled my shame and lifted my blame. Your mercy is astounding. Your patience is wonderful. Your compassion is immeasurable. Your kindness is unceasing. Your love is complete. My heart lifts it's praise to You, for You have made me glad. You wipe my tears. Even your discipline is gracious. Let all the earth declare your glory. Let cosmic wonders sing of your beauty...galaxies breathtakingly stretched out in honor to You. Let every creature that draws breath ascribe worship to Your name. In this moment, my soul crowns you as King. Thanks be to You, God of all. Grateful are my thoughts toward You.

In this moment, my judgment is sound and my thinking, clear. My devotion is yours...in this moment.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you're happy...Good to hear such beautiful words about our Savior!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I would love to read any comments that you care to share. Be my guest.

Grant Cyster