A WELCOME NOTE:

Greetings, and a very warm welcome to you. Thank you for taking some time to share in my philosophical foibles. It's my hope that within these entries you might find encouragement, challenge, laughter, counsel and companionship for the journey ahead. Carpe Diem!

Check out www.grantcyster.com for more details. Catch me on Twitter at: GACyster

Monday 19 February 2007

TINSELTOWN TRUTH

Every once in a while Hollywood comes up with a quote that points to eternal spiritual truths, or encourages and challenges me to live a life worthy of the call of Jesus Christ. Here are a few of the memorable ones that have impacted me:

  • "Your heart is free. Have the courage to follow it". (Braveheart)
  • "Every man dies. Not ever man really lives." (Braveheart)
  • "What we do in life, echoes in eternity." (Gladiator)
  • "There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path." (The Matrix)
  • "Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon, we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy." (Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire)
  • "Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are. It will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! Now if you know what you're worth now go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers sayin' you ain't where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that, and that ain't you! You're better than that!" (Rocky Balboa)
  • "You wrote that the world doesn't need a savior, but every day I hear people crying for one." (Superman Returns)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I would love to read any comments that you care to share. Be my guest.

Grant Cyster