A WELCOME NOTE:

Greetings, and a very warm welcome to you. Thank you for taking some time to share in my philosophical foibles. It's my hope that within these entries you might find encouragement, challenge, laughter, counsel and companionship for the journey ahead. Carpe Diem!

Check out www.grantcyster.com for more details. Catch me on Twitter at: GACyster

Thursday 8 January 2009

THANK YOU!


The past few weeks have ushered in significant changes. I find myself facing a home on a different continent, the pursuit of different vocational opportunities, the dawning of a new and different year and the beginning of a different chapter in life along with all the hurdles and joys that it may bring. Most of these changes have occurred contrary to my hopes and preferences, but they stare me in the face, real as can be, just the same. Finding things to whine and complain about is no difficult task. I've been perfecting that skill for some time now unfortunately...though learning to discard it is thankfully not impossible.

Rather than stick to the form that comes naturally though, I'll aim to embrace a different tack. In the midst of all these changes and fluctuations in circumstances, one thing has remained constant. I'd like to take this brief moment to acknowledge the goodness and faithfulness of God that continues to be the foundation and bedrock in my life that is unshaken by the unpredictable winds of change. I'd like to acknowledge his constant love and kindness which are never far from me...never beyond my reach. I'd like to express my gratitude to him for the precious gift of life, and for his dealings with me that continue to be infinitely better than I could ever deserve. I'd like to lay at his feet this new year that lies at mine, and commit to him every dream, hope and aspiration that my heart might find itself drawn to. I'd like to honor him with the surrender of my free will, which will never find me free unless freely submitted to his will. I'd like to thank him, simply and humbly, for everything he is and does.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I would love to read any comments that you care to share. Be my guest.

Grant Cyster