A WELCOME NOTE:

Greetings, and a very warm welcome to you. Thank you for taking some time to share in my philosophical foibles. It's my hope that within these entries you might find encouragement, challenge, laughter, counsel and companionship for the journey ahead. Carpe Diem!

Check out www.grantcyster.com for more details. Catch me on Twitter at: GACyster

Wednesday 15 May 2013

KICKASS MOVIE QUOTES


Holy shish kabobs! I haven't posted here in quite a while. Shame on...someone.

I was having a chat with someone today about memorable movie quotes. Sometimes, while catching a flick, I find myself struck in the face by a line that just jumps out at and resonates with me. I thought I'd take a few moments to populate this space with some of my favourites from my movie-going experiences over the years. Here they are in no particular order:

"Your heart is free. Have the courage to follow it." Braveheart

"You know...sometimes it's hard to breath. I feel like this beast inside me... I didn't know...I just never knew it was supposed to be this hard. It wasn't supposed to be like this, Paulie." Rocky Balboa 

"Every man dies, not every man really lives." Braveheart

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity." Gladiator

"Do, or do not. There is no try." The Empire Strikes Back.

"Am I not supposed to have what I want? What I need? What am I supposed to do?" Spiderman 2

"Dark and difficult times are ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy." Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

"Sometimes a man can find his destiny on the road he took to avoid it." The International

Frodo: "I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." Lord of the Rings (Fellowship of the Ring)

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place, and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you! You're better than that!" Rocky Balboa

Which movie quotes have rocked your world?

1 comment:

  1. ... my all time favourite ... "Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and f&#k the prom queen." —Sean Connery as John Patrick Mason in The Rock (1996)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I would love to read any comments that you care to share. Be my guest.

Grant Cyster