A WELCOME NOTE:

Greetings, and a very warm welcome to you. Thank you for taking some time to share in my philosophical foibles. It's my hope that within these entries you might find encouragement, challenge, laughter, counsel and companionship for the journey ahead. Carpe Diem!

Check out www.grantcyster.com for more details. Catch me on Twitter at: GACyster

Thursday 15 March 2007

THE LITTLE THINGS...

I need to relearn the value of humble beginnings and small things. Not to be overwhelmed by the panoramic picture because of fear or ambition, but to find faithfulness and steadfastness in the persistent pursuit of the incremental daily priorities, that when diligently strung together spell out the makings of a destiny. I need to rediscover life in the now. This moment. There is so much capacity in me for wickedness, pride, sloth and apathy. So easy it is to be deluded by empty promises of tomorrow and the opportunities that await me there.

The epic journey. The colossal elephant. Undertaken with one step after the other. Consumed one bite after another. Repetition. Consistency. Habitual practice of a craft or a behavior might never bring about absolute perfection, but it would develop permanence, and that is how all true progress is made. Water breaks the rock not through sheer force, but through the perpetual drip and the constant flow. Mastery over the routine, the discipline, the everyday...this I believe is the key that unlocks the door of potential realized. This is the foundation on which greatness is built.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I would love to read any comments that you care to share. Be my guest.

Grant Cyster