A WELCOME NOTE:

Greetings, and a very warm welcome to you. Thank you for taking some time to share in my philosophical foibles. It's my hope that within these entries you might find encouragement, challenge, laughter, counsel and companionship for the journey ahead. Carpe Diem!

Check out www.grantcyster.com for more details. Catch me on Twitter at: GACyster

Friday 23 March 2007

TAP ON THE SHOULDER...

There are a few simple things in life that make me feel like a million bucks. The kinds of things that, when they happen, remind me of the kind of man I always wanted to be. I was thinking back lately to some of these situations from my past.

A little 3 year old girl, hair as red, big and curly as a little Annie, a total stranger to me, seeing me from across a crowded room and running at top speed to wrap herself around my leg and not want to let go. To this day, I have no idea why that happened, but I know how it made me feel...trustworthy, innocent. Or like driving a beautiful girl home that I had just had a first date with, and seeing her fall asleep peacefully in the seat next to me, because she was totally convinced of the fact that she was safe in my company.

Or like in recent days, picking up and hugging a friend's little baby girl, and have her nestle her head into my shoulder and hold on close. These simple things are a beacon of light to me...an indication of the things that are worth aspiring to...of characteristics worth pursuing, of the kind of man that in the deepest part of me I hope to increasingly become. Noble. Gentle. Honorable. Thank you lady and babes...hint taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I would love to read any comments that you care to share. Be my guest.

Grant Cyster